Art students win awards in Globe Show
- GEORGIA PANAGIOTIDIS received a Gold Key in the Fashion Design category for her Beaded Dream Dress.
Recently, the RHS Art Department received notice that five RHS students were awarded Gold Keys, Silver Keys or Honorable Mentions from the Boston Globe Scholastic Art and Writing Awards Contest. The students’ names and art work are shown below.
This is the 63rd year of the Boston Globe Scholastic Art and Writing Awards. Nationally, over 200,000 works of art and writing were submitted in 2012. At the regional level 7-10 % of works submitted receive Gold Keys; 10-15 % receive Silver Keys and approx. 20 % receive Honorable Mentions. Regional Gold key recipients go on to national judging. 5-7 % of these regional winners will receive national recognition.
Congratulations to our talented art students and to the Art Department!!!
- Sydney Bissonnette’s Self-Portrait Drawing won an Honorable Mention in the Globe Show.
- Bridget Martin’s color photograph, “Pathway,” was awarded a Silver Key in the Globe Show.
- Caitlyn Bohld was awarded an Honorable Mention for Comic Art for her comic entry.
- Joey Marchetti was awarded a Silver Key for this photograph submitted to the Globe Show.
Rockland’s 2013 award-winners are:
1. Sydney Bissonnette Grade 11 Honorable Mention Drawing for her self-portrait
2. Caitlyn Bohld Grade 12 Honorable Mention Comic Art
3. Joey Marchetti Grade 10 Silver Key Photography
4. Bridget Martin Grade 10 Silver Key Photography
5. Georgia Panagiotidis Grade 11 Gold Key Fashion Beaded Dream dress
This year’s award ceremony is on Sunday March 3, 2013 at the John Hancock Hall in the Back Bay Events Center-180 Berekley St. and the exhibit is at the State Transportation from February 11 to April 19.