Are You Ready For The First Day of School?
Below is part of Principal John Harrison’s Weekly Update. For the complete update go to Dr. Harrison’s blog.
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #2
AUGUST 24, 2017
IN THIS EDITION:
With the start of school on Monday, August 28th, we wanted to share some reminders before the start of school. If you have not had a chance, please review last week’s RHS Community Weekly Update #1 with a more comprehensive list of back to school information. In this week’s edition, you will find information on the following:
- A Back to School Checklist
- Introduction of New Staff Biographies
- Review of the Bell Schedule
- Attendance Policy Reminder
- Homework Club and Saturday School
- A Recap of New Student Orientation Night
- School Picture Day Information
- What’s for Lunch?
- Activities and Athletics
- Join the Journalism Club!
- Fall Sports Schedules
- Discounted Internet Service
- The Week Ahead
BACK TO SCHOOL CHECKLIST:
1) Summer Reading– Students should make sure they have completed their summer reading and any other summer homework assignments. On Wednesday, September 13th, students will be discussing their summer reading book with faculty in groups.
2) Bring Your Schedule the First Day– Students may log-in to X2 to check their schedule for the next school year as of now. X2 Parent/Family Portal Accounts are also active now. To access a student schedule in X2, please do the following:
- Log-in to X2: https://ma-rockland.myfollett.com/aspen/logon.do
- Go to MY INFO Top Tab.
- Select CURRENT SCHEDULE on the left Side Tab.
Every effort was made to schedule students into electives of their choice, however graduation requirements need to be a priority. Students may have electives they didn’t request because those were the classes that were available and accommodated the academic needs of the student. No schedule changes will be made based on teacher preferences. The last day for a schedule change is August 31st.
4) Return Paperwork- Please be sure to return all the paperwork sent home on the first day of school by Tuesday, September 5th. Signed Handbook Contracts, Parent Contact/Dismissal Cards, and filled- out or corrected Emergency Contact Information should be returned.
5) Stay Informed- Throughout the school year, we are encouraging families to stay informed by doing the following:
- Visiting our website at www.rocklandschools.org .
- Following Mr. Harrison on twitter at https://twitter.com/@rocklandhs for frequent Rockland High School news alerts.
- Visiting Mr. Harrison’s personal blog (www.rocklandhs.blogspot.com) and subscribing to daily emails. To receive daily emails, enter your email address at the bottom of the page and then select submit. You will need to log-in to your email account and verify your email address before you start to receive the emails.
See you all on Monday!!